Tuesday 18 October 2011

     It is a rare occurrence for me to post twice in one day but here I am before I go to bed with a few passages that I have read this afternoon and wanted to share from The Diary of a Young Girl. I will end up posting these in my favourite books and quotes section but for now they are in a posting of their own. A very lovely but very heart wrenching read. From the moment that I started to read I felt like maybe the ending could end differently and it wouldn't end in the sealed fate that we all know of.
     For a young woman she was certainly wise and witty.

Wednesday, 23 February 1944
     'The best remedy for those who are frightened, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere they can be alone, alone with the sky, nature and God. For then and only then can you feel that everything is as it should be and that God wants people to be happy amid natures beauty and simplicity.
     As long as this exists, and that should be for ever i know that there will be solace for every sorrow what ever the circumstances. I firmly believe that nature can bring comfort to all who suffer.'

     'Riches, prestige, everything can be lost. But the happiness in your heart can only be dimmed; it will always be there as long as you live, to make you happy again.
     Whenever you're feeling lonely or sad, try going to the loft on a beautiful day and looking outside. Not at the houses and the rooftops, but at the sky. As long as you can look fearlessly at the sky, you'll know that your pure within and will find happiness once more.'


Thursday, 2 March 1944
     'Love, what is love? I don't think you can really put it into words. Love is understanding someone, caring for him, sharing his joys and sorrows. This eventually includes physical love. You've shared something, given something away and received something in return, whether or not you're married, whether or not you have a baby. Losing your virtue doesn't matter, as long as you know that for as long as you live you'll have someone at your side who understands you, and who doesn't have to be shared with anyone else!'

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful quotes and I am so glad you posted them so I could read them this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.